20100228


In St. Paul recently, there were two homes in another neighborhood that literally blew up because sewer and gas lines crossed or leaked. After the 1st explosion about a month ago, the energy company, Xcel, planned to scope every sewer (and/or gas?) line in a 40-home radius of the exploding one. Now that there have been two, it seems they are likely to scope every line of every home in St. Paul.
Well, I sure hope this house doesn't flipping explode before then! It's not like I want them to come and scope the pipe system, but I sure don't feel comfortable either way now. They have scheduled replacement of the sewer pipes from the house to the city lines on our section of Hague in the coming months anyway, so I hope they take that opportunity to just go ahead and tell me we're not going to spontaneously combust over here. Here's how much of a worrier I am. See the calm, lovely picture of our new living area here? I wonder how messed up it would be if we had to start all over with another house because this one blew up. I even saw a couple houses on Grand Avenue for sale and thought, "Well, if our house blows up, maybe at least we can still find a house nearby that we can afford."
I should just stop all this worrying (as if no one's ever told me that before). I have to stop putting negative visualizations out there and replace them with positive ones. Like the peaceful living picture here, with our beloved Jake doing his impression of a calm dog. Good dog.

No comments: